- home >
- affordable care act
Enrollment assistance @ your local library:
Appointments may be made for most locations by calling 866-295-5955.
Important dates for ACA enrollment 2016
- November 1, 2015: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll in a 2016 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2016.
- December 15, 2015: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start January 1, 2016
- January 1, 2016: 2016 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start February 1, 2016
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends. Enrollments or changes between January 16 and January 31 take effect March 1, 2016.
HealthCare.gov (Affordable Care Act/Obamacare)
Florida residents must use the Federal Marketplace. Please use the links below or call 1-800-318-2596 (24/7) TTY 1-855-889-4325.
- Starting point for Florida Residents
- Florida is a state that is not expanding Medicaid.
- What you need to know before you enroll in a Health Insurance Marketplace plan
- Contact Healthcare.gov
- en español
- Find HRSA Health Clinics in Volusia County for Free or Low Cost Care If Uninsured
State & Local Links
Helpful State of Florida links:
Medicaid in Florida (Telephone: 850-412-4000)
Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders (Florida Department of Elder Affairs)
“The SHINE program supports the Florida Department of Elder Affairs’ mission by providing free and unbiased health insurance counseling through a dedicated network of volunteers, empowering Florida seniors to make informed health care choices.”
Helpful Links from Organizations and Foundations
AARP-Health law answers
Fill out a brief form to get answers about how the new health law affects you.
Kaiser Family Foundation
This site has a calculator so people can get an estimate of what to expect to pay for their premiums.