If you are the type of person who enjoys seeing things in their proper places, becoming a shelf reader may be the position for you! Shelf readers assist in keeping library materials neat and tidy and in proper order on the shelves for our patrons to find items easily.
- must be able to work accurately with numbers and the alphabet
- work quietly and independently
- have great attention to detail
- this position requires some bending, stooping, reaching overhead, standing on a step-stool and standing for a long period of time
- minimum of 4 hours per week preferred
Openings are available:
- Daytona Beach Library, City Island
105 E. Magnolia Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Directions to the library
Volunteer @ your public library!
Please complete the Library Volunteer Application [PDF] and the Supplementary Questionnaire (PDF) by hand or online. Bring it to the branch of your choice or attach it and email to one of the branches listed below.
All volunteers are subject to a background check prior to assignment.
Daytona Beach Regional Library
DeBary Public Library
DeLand Regional Library
Deltona Regional Library
Edgewater Public Library
John H. Dickerson Heritage Library
Lake Helen Public Library
New Smyrna Beach Public Library
Oak Hill Public Library
Orange City Public Library
Ormond Beach Regional Library
Pierson Public Library
Port Orange Public Library